Thursday: Alessandria – Asti – Mombaruzzo – Acqui Terme
- Alessandria: Alessandria: visit to the Borsalino hat Museum, the hat made famous by the movies of the ’60s; visit to the watercolour triptych of the Knights of the Round Table and Lancelot,
- Departure towards Asti, light lunch in a wine bar with tasting of typical local produce (selection of salami and cheeses, raw fassona- breed meat, dessert “bonèt”) walk in the centre to admire the Roman, Medieval and Renaissance Asti to reach the Tapestry Museum and laboratory Scassa where you can learn the ancient technique of the high-warp weaving method. These masterpieces reproducing paintings by Italian painters of the last century and the Enlightenment.
- Arrival in Mombaruzzo, visit to the artisan distillery to discover the charming cellars for the refinement of the grappa and taste their different refinements and flavours: tasting served with the Mombaruzzo macaroons, the so called “amaretti”.
- Arrival at the hotel in Acqui Terme at about 7 p.m., and check-in for guests.
- Welcome dinner.
- Overnight in Acqui Terme.
Friday: Full day excursion
- Cavatore: visit to the quadrangular medieval tower, the parish church of Sant’Antonio, along with some medieval houses and palaces from the 16th – 17th centuries. Transfer to Ponzone.
- Ponzone: considered the “second most panoramic Belvedere in Italy” visit to the belvedere, the oratory of the Suffragio, and the parish church of San Michele. Opportunity to meet local cheese and truffle producers. Visit and tasting in the laboratory for the production of cured meats, including the delicious typical salami: Filetto Baciato.
- Malvicino: visit to the Renaissance country parish church of San Michele.
- Lunch in a farmhouse.
- Cartosio: visit the Tower, the memorial to the victims of World War II, the Elica monument, the monument dedicated to the Alpino soldier and the peace route, the Parish Church of Sant’Andrea.
- Melazzo: walk through the village to admire the castle, the Baroque parish church, and the adjacent oratory of San Pietro martyr. Return to the Hotel.
Saturday : Acqui Terme – Full day excursion
- The visit of the city starts from Palazzo Robellini: the seat of the Regional wine cellar Enoteca “Terme&Vino” dedicated to Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG wine.
- Visit to the historical centre: Fontana della Rocca, Church of San Francesco, Civic Tower, Piazza della Bollente.
- Afterwards you can enjoy a visit to the ancient Roman theatre, the Pisterna quarter, the archaeological museum and the birdgarden.
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria.
- In the afternoon you will visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Assunta and the crypt, the Bishop’s palace, the staircase of La Schiava, the Basilica of the Addolorata.
- To follow: visit to the thermal baths: Piazza Italia – Nuove Terme, fountain of the nymphs, the ruins of the Roman baths, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the monumental summer swimming pool, the Bagni district (Lago delle Sorgenti Spa) walk along the Fontefredda promenade to reach the neoclassical temple, with the so-called thermal spring of the Acqua Marcia.
- Next stop: artisan confectioner laboratory.
- Dinner at a Michelin Star Restaurant: I Caffi of Sara Chiriotti. Return to the Hotel.
Sunday: Check out and excursion to Strevi and Mombaruzzo
- Check out
- Panoramic tour along the wine road, arrival in Mombaruzzo.
- Stop and tasting of the typical amaretti (macaroons) at an artisan’s workshop
- Farewell lunch in a traditional Monferrato trattoria
- The tour ends with a visit to a Grappa distillery where you will discover all the making process of this excellent distillate. To follow tasting and possibility of purchase.
- Guests departure and end of the tour.
For information Tour Gourmet
Tel. 0141 410486
www.tourgourmet.it – firstname.lastname@example.org