The Jewish community was present in the city without interruption since the end of the fifteenth century; It was of Sephardi/Spanish and Aschenazite/German origin, as the surnames of the highest occurrence recall: Lattes, Bedarida, Foà, Segre, Treves, Ottolenghi, in addition to the Levi and the Debenedetti. It thined and lived in the two-year period 43/44 with the Holocaust after growing up to mid-nineteenth century to about 600 components (12 of the city population); In the Twenties it reduced to only 31 members residing in the city and enrolled, following transfers of many families for study and for work in the large urban centers; From 1938 until ' 43 he welcomed foreign Jews; Officially ended in 1952 at the death of Rabbi Adolfo Ancona. Over the centuries, after alternating vicissitudes of interdiction, ghettization and prohibitions exercised by the local post-Tridentine Church and the widespread exercise of the loan even to small landowners unable to return the money, in 1799 and 1848 the Ghetto (1731 – 1848) was the object of pogrom's attempts. From emancipation the coexistence in the city was dialectic and fruitful until 1938 when the racial laws determined the exclusion of Jews from the school, from the public offices, from any work replaced by the preceptation to work "socially useful" . Until the persecution of life..