- Alessandria: visit to the Borsalino hat Museum, the hat made famous by the movies of the ’60s; visit to the watercolour triptych of the Knights of the Round Table and Lancelot,
- Departure towards Asti, light lunch in a wine bar with tasting of typical local produce (selection of salami and cheeses, raw fassona- breed meat, dessert “bonèt”) walk in the centre to admire the Roman, Medieval and Renaissance Asti to reach the Tapestry Museum and laboratory Scassa where you can learn the ancient technique of the high-warp weaving method. These masterpieces reproducing paintings by Italian painters of the last century and the Enlightenment.
- Arrival in Mombaruzzo, visit to the artisan distillery to discover the charming cellars for the refinement of the grappa and taste their different refinements and flavours: tasting served with the Mombaruzzo macaroons, the so called “amaretti”.
- Arrival at the hotel in Acqui Terme at about 7 p.m., and check-in for guests.
- Welcome dinner.
- Overnight in Acqui Terme.
Friday – Full day excursion
- Valenza: the tour starts with a visit to the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore, the old town and the golf course. Visit to a goldsmith’s workshop to learn the stages of design and manufacturing of handmade jewellery. Transfer to Casale, following the route along the banks of the river Po.
- Casale Monferrato: visit to the Romanesque Cathedral and the Civic Tower, visit to the magnificent Synagogue.
- Lunch in a typical trattoria. Followed by the tasting of traditional Krumiri biscuits.
- In the afternoon stop at the regional wine shop in the Castle of Casale, and then a short transfer to a cattle and sheep farm, to discover the techniques of breeding and the production of typical farm cheeses. Tasting of farm produce.
- Panoramic tour among the vine growing hills of the Lower Monferrato, (listed as a UNESCO Intangible Heritage Site), to the “crutin”, cylindrical-shaped wine cellars of Saracen origin. Visit and tasting in one of the many wineries. Afterwards, meeting with an artisan of the “Cantoni” stone. Return to the Hotel.
Saturday: Acqui Terme – Full day
- The visit of the city starts from Palazzo Robellini: the seat of the Regional wine cellar Enoteca “Terme&Vino” dedicated to Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG wine.
- Visit to the historical centre: Fontana della Rocca, Church of San Francesco, Civic Tower, Piazza della Bollente.
- Afterwards you can enjoy a visit to the ancient Roman theatre, the Pisterna quarter, the archaeological museum and the birdgarden.
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria.
- In the afternoon you will visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Assunta and the crypt, the Bishop’s palace, the staircase of La Schiava, the Basilica of the Addolorata.
- To follow: visit to the thermal baths: Piazza Italia – Nuove Terme, fountain of the nymphs, the ruins of the Roman baths, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the monumental summer swimming pool, the Bagni district (Lago delle Sorgenti Spa) walk along the Fontefredda promenade to reach the neoclassical temple, with the so-called thermal spring of the Acqua Marcia.
- Next stop: artisan confectioner laboratory.
- Dinner at a Michelin Star Restaurant: I Caffi of Sara Chiriotti. Return to the Hotel.
Sunday: Acqui Terme – Novi Ligure – Libarna – Voltaggio – Gavi – Serravalle Outlet Design- Acqui
- Novi Ligure: visit to the Oratory of the Maddalena confraternity, the Museum of the Campionissimi (tribute to the cycling champions Coppi and Giradengo). Next stop at one of the historic restaurants of the city where the masters “farinotti” will show how the Merella chickpeas flour (a typical product) is used to make Farinata and Panissa. Stop at the Bodrato chocolate factory.
- Libarna: visit to one among the most significant archaeological sites in Piedmont. Lunch in a typical trattoria.
- Voltaggio: visit to the Cappuccini di Voltaggio art gallery. Discovery of the taste and flavours with a visit to a historic bakery where you can experience the preparation of the famous Voltaggio soft macaroons, the so called “amaretti” biscuits and taste these freshly baked deliciousness.
- Gavi: visit to the Forte of Gavi, the Medieval old town, the parish church of San Giacomo, the Oratories of the Bianchi, Turchini and Rossi. Visit in one of the many producers’ wineries and tasting of the renowned Gavi DOCG white wine .
- Finally, stop at the Outlet of Serravalle Scrivia for shopping at the Mc ArthurGlen, the largest outlet in Europe, where you can find the most important Italian and international brands, taking advantage of the Fontana or the daily discount card affiliated with Tours Gourmet.
Per informazioni Tour Gourmet
Tel. 0141 410486
www.tourgourmet.it – email@example.com