Thursday: Albisola – Sassello – Ponzone and arrival in Acqui Terme
- Meeting point in Albisola for a promenade along the seafront and in the typical lanes, between seafood specialty shops and designers boutiques; to follow a short visit to a pottery workshop to learn the art of pottery, baking and painting of these beautiful artefacts.
- Departure for Sassello, in the Ligurian Apennines, for a walk in the village followed by a tasting of the typical Ligurian cuisine.
- Visit to an artisan workshop producing different types of amaretto del Sassello (macaroons).
- Transfer to Ponzone in the Erro valley to discover the Filettobaciato a gourmet excellence (salami).
- Arrival at the hotel, check-in and welcome dinner. Overnight stay
Friday: Full day excursion
- Novi Ligure: visit to the Oratory of the Maddalena confraternity, the Museum of the Campionissimi (tribute to the cycling champions Coppi and Giradengo).
- Stop at one of the historic restaurants of the city where the masters “farinotti” will show how the flour of the Merella chickpeas (a typical product) is used to make Farinata and Panissa. Stop at the Bodrato chocolate factory.
- Visit to Libarna, one among the most significant archaeological sites in Piedmont.
- Lunch in a typical trattoria.
- Voltaggio and the Cappuccini di Voltaggio art gallery. Discovery of the flavours with a visit to a historic bakery where you can see the preparation of the famous Voltaggio soft macaroons and taste these freshly baked deliciousness.
- Gavi: visit to the Forte of Gavi, the Medieval old town, the parish church of San Giacomo, the Oratories of the Bianchi, Turchini and Rossi. Visit in one of the many producers’ wineries and tasting of the renowned Gavi DOCG white wine .
- Finally, stop at the Outlet of Serravalle Scrivia for shopping at the Mc ArthurGlen, the largest outlet in Europe, where you can find the most important Italian and international brands, taking advantage of the Fontana or the daily discount card affiliated with gourmet tours.
Saturday: Acqui Terme – Full day
- The visit of the city starts from Palazzo Robellini: the seat of the Regional wine cellar Enoteca “Terme&Vino” dedicated to Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG wine.
- Visit to the historical centre: Fontana della Rocca, Church of San Francesco, Civic Tower, Piazza della Bollente.
- Afterwards you can enjoy a visit to the ancient Roman theatre, the Pisterna quarter, the archaeological museum and the birdgarden.
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria.
- In the afternoon you will visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Assunta and the crypt, the Bishop’s palace, the staircase of La Schiava, the Basilica of the Addolorata.
- To follow: visit to the thermal baths: Piazza Italia – Nuove Terme, fountain of the nymphs, the ruins of the Roman baths, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the monumental summer swimming pool, the Bagni district (Lago delle Sorgenti Spa) walk along the Fontefredda promenade to reach the neoclassical temple, with the so-called thermal spring of the Acqua Marcia.
- Next stop: artisan confectioner laboratory.
- Dinner at a Michelin Star Restaurant: I Caffi of Sara Chiriotti. Return to the Hotel.
Sunday: Check out, excursion to Terzo – Monastero Bormida – Bistagno – Ponti – Montechiaro d’Acqui – Mombaldone – Cairo Montenotte
- Check out
- Panoramic tour along the wine road, arrival in Terzo – the 14th century square tower, the only remaining part of the castle, the churches of San Maurizio and Sant’Antonio Abate. Visit to a winery with wine tasting of Brachettod’Acqui DOCG.
- Tranfer to Monastero Bormida and lunch at a farmhouse with typical seasonal menu.
- Afternoon in Bistagno and visit to the village, the tower, the baroque parish church of San Giovanni Battista, the Gipsoteca (plaster gallery) of the sculptor Monteverde. Stop and visit to a wine producer of Dolcetto and Barbera DOC wines.
- Guests departure and end of the tour.
For information Tour Gourmet
Tel. 0141 410486
www.tourgourmet.it – firstname.lastname@example.org