Thursday: Sezzadio and Strevi – Acqui Terme
- Meeting with the local guide in Sezzadio, visit the convent complex of Santa Giustina, made up of the Abbey, the villa and its buildings, located 2 km outside the village.
- Transfer to Strevi, visit the 14th century castle and the parish church of San Michele. A 16th century villa in the lower village and the residence of the Bishop of Acqui dating back to the 18th century. Stop at a winery for the first experience of Acqui’s wine-making tradition: visit the wineries and wine-making cellars, followed by a tasting session.
- Arrival in Acqui Terme at about 6 p.m., check-in at the hotel.
- Welcome dinner.
- Accommodation in Acqui Terme.
Friday: Full day excursion
- Visone: walk along the ruins of the ancient medieval village walls and the castle, followed by a visit to a local artisan producer of nougat and ice cream of excellence.
- Morsasco: visit to the medieval castle of the Pallavicino family, and the church of San Vito to discover the Montebore DOP cheese.
- Mombaldone: lunch in a farmhouse with typical menu and excursion to the badlands and the medieval village.
- Ponti: stop to visit a goats’ farm followed by tasting of the Roccaverano DOP cheese.
- Bistagno: visit to the Gipsoteca( plaster gallery) of the sculptor Monteverde. Stop and visit a wine producer of Dolcetto and Barbera DOC wines.
- Terzo: visit to a winery with the possibility to taste the Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG. Walk along the wine roads.
- Return to the hotel.
Saturday: Acqui Terme – Full day excursion
- The visit of the city starts from Palazzo Robellini: the seat of the Regional wine cellar Enoteca “Terme&Vino” dedicated to Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG wine.
- Visit to the historical centre: Fontana della Rocca, Church of San Francesco, Civic Tower, Piazza della Bollente.
- Afterwards you can enjoy a visit to the ancient Roman theatre, the Pisterna quarter, the archaeological museum and the birdgarden.
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria.
- In the afternoon you will visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Assunta and the crypt, the Bishop’s palace, the staircase of La Schiava, the Basilica of the Addolorata.
- To follow: a visit to the thermal baths: Piazza Italia – Nuove Terme, fountain of the nymphs, the ruins of the Roman baths, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the monumental summer swimming pool, the Bagni district (Lago delle Sorgenti Spa) walk along the Fontefredda promenade to reach the neoclassical temple, with the so-called thermal spring of the Acqua Marcia.
- Next stop: artisan confectioner laboratory.
- Dinner at a Michelin Star Restaurant: I Caffi. Return back to the Hotel.
Sunday: Check out and excursion to Strevi and Mombaruzzo with a stop in Nizza Monferrato
- Check out
- Panoramic tour along the wine road, arrival in Mombaruzzo.
- Stop and visit to the artisan distillery to discover the charming cellars for the refinement of the grappa and taste their different refinements and flavours, served with the Mombaruzzo macaroons (amaretti biscuits).
- Farewell lunch in a traditional Monferrato trattoria.
- Short transfer to Nizza Monferrato to visit the winery where the local Monferrato wines are aged and to the Farming Museum: tasting.
- departure and end of the tour.
For information Tour Gourmet
Tel. 0141 410486
www.tourgourmet.it – email@example.com