Thursday: Ponti – Montechiaro d’Acqui and arrival in Acqui Terme
- Arrival in Ponti at about 3 p.m., meeting with a local guide and visit to the ruins of the Carretto Marquises’ castle and the parish church of the Assunta.
- Stop to visit to a goat farm in Roccaverano and tasting of the Roccaverano DOP cheese.
- Arrival in Acqui Terme at about 7 p.m., check-in at the hotel.
- Welcome dinner.
- Accommodation in Acqui Terme.
Friday – Full day excursion
- Alice Bel Colle: visit to the parish church of San Giovanni Battista, the Town Hall, the ruins of the ancient castle and the panoramic tower offering a 360 degree view of the Monferrato hills, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit to a renowned winery for a technical approach to the world of the Monferrato and Acqui wines, followed by a wine-tasting session.
- Ricaldone: visit to the church of Santi Simone and the Museum dedicated to the singer-songwriter Luigi Tenco (on reservation).
- Cassine: tour and stroll in one of the most beautiful and well-preserved medieval villages of the Acquese area. Here you will go back in time, among stunning palaces, ancient churches, several medieval and 15th century houses with terracotta façades, where the valuable Church of San Francesco stands out (only open on Saturdays and on Sundays). Typical lunch in a farmhouse.
- Rivalta Bormida: tour of the historical centre with the Palazzo dei Torri, the Casa deiBiorci, the Vicolo Baretti Houses, the parish church of San Michele and the Oratory of San Sebastiano.
- Castelnuovo Bormida: walk through the village and visit to the Castle, founded between the end of the 10th and the beginning of the 11th century, the 16th century church of the Madonna del Rosario and the church of San Rocco.
- Sezzadio: visit to the convent complex of Santa Giustina, formed by the Abbey, the villa and its buildings, located 2 km outside the village centre.
- Strevi: walk up to the 14th century castle (now Town Hall) surrounded by 15th century walls and moat, and noble buildings from the 14th and 15th centuries. Visit to the parish church of San Michele. Stop in a the cellar where Moscato and Brachetto d’Acqui wines are produced. Meeting with an artisan confectioner, producer of nougat and macaroons, so called “amaretti”, followed by tasting.
- Return to the hotel, time to relax and dinner with seasonal menu.
Saturday: Acqui Terme – Full day excursion
- The visit of the city starts from Palazzo Robellini: the seat of the Regional wine cellar: Enoteca “Terme&Vino” dedicated to Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG wine.
- Visit to the historical centre: Fontana della Rocca, Church of San Francesco, Civic Tower, Piazza della Bollente.
- Afterwards you can enjoy a visit to the ancient Roman theatre, the Pisterna quarter, the archaeological museum and the birdgarden.
- Light lunch in a typical trattoria.
- In the afternoon you will visit the Cathedral dedicated to the Assunta and the crypt, the Bishop’s palace, the staircase of La Schiava, the Basilica of the Addolorata.
- To follow: visit to the thermal baths: Piazza Italia – Nuove Terme, fountain of the nymphs, the ruins of the Roman baths, the remains of the Roman aqueduct, the monumental summer swimming pool, the Bagni district (Lago delle Sorgenti Spa) walk along the Fontefredda promenade to reach the neoclassical temple, with the so-called thermal spring of the Acqua Marcia.
- Next stop: artisan confectioner laboratory.
- Dinner at a Michelin Star Restaurant: I Caffi of Sara Chiriotti. Return to the Hotel.
Sunday: Check out – excursion to Terzo and Bistagno
- Check out
- Panoramic tour along the wine road, arrival in Terzo – the 14th century square tower, the only remaining part of the castle, the churches of San Maurizio and Sant’Antonio Abate. Visit to a winery and wine tasting of Brachetto d’Acqui DOCG
- Transfer to Bistagno and then farewell lunch in a typical Monferrato trattoria.
- Afternoon visit to the castle and the tower, the baroque parish church of San Giovanni Battista, the Gipsoteca (plaster gallery) of the sculptor Monteverde. Stop and visit to a wine producer of Dolcetto and Barbera DOC wines.
- Arrival in Ponti, meeting with a local guide and visit to the ruins of the Carretto Marquises’ castle and the parish church of the Assunta.
- Stop to visit to a goat an sheep farm in Roccaverano and tasting of the Roccaverano DOP cheese.
- Transfer to the picturesque village Montechiaro d’Acqui: visit to the parish church, the peasants museum, tasting of the “formaggetta” a typical cheese of the Upper Monferrato and of the Langhe.
- You continue towards Mombaldone for the visit of the small medieval borough.
- Departure for Savona with a stop in Cairo Montenotte to discover a glassmaking artisan’s workshop .
- Guests departure and end of the tour.
For information Tour Gourmet
Tel. 0141 410486
www.tourgourmet.it – firstname.lastname@example.org